Serving Memphis and the Mid South for over 40 years.
Serving All Shelby County, Tennessee
Banks Electric offer a complete turn key solution for furnishing and installing a Generac Home Standby Generator. We handle everything from initial site inspection, permits, installation, concrete pad, and gas line. From everyday necessities like heating, cooling, refrigeration and lights, to daily essentials like cooking, laundry or kids' bath times. Power outages are occuring more frequently than ever and lasting longer with devasting effects.
Automatic Home Standby Generators
The InterLock kit allows you to safely disconnect your panel from the utility feed and switch it over to generator which is being fed through a new generator breaker. The InterLock kit only allows one power source to be operational at any time protecting the panel from being overloaded. With this installation anything in your home can be activated through the breakers in your panel, provided the generator is sized properly. It is very easy to transfer power from utility to generator in case of a power outage.
Manual Generator Transfer Switch by Interlock
How Does It Work?
Typical Generator Layout
* The Generator monitors incoming voltage from the utility line.
* When the utility power is interrupted, the generator detects the problem and goes to work.
* The automatic transfer switch safetly disconnects the utility line and simultaneously connects a new power line from the generator.
* Power is restored within seconds.
* When utility power is restored, the generator shuts down and returns to standby mode.
Click on PDF for Generac Brochure